About Chinese Language and Culture Centre (CLC)
The Chinese Language and Culture Centre is reporting to the School of General Education and is responsible for the provision of university core courses of the undergraduate curriculum covering Chinese language, culture, history, philosophy and contemporary development in China. The appointee should be a visionary leader who is responsible to manage the academic and administrative affairs of the Centre with a pool of about 30 committed teaching and administrative staffs.
The Centre Head is expected:
1. Provide effective leadership in the execution of the directions, initiatives and plans of CLC;
2. Oversee the course planning, course delivery, course assessment, quality assurance, and participate in course teaching and course examinations of CLC;
3. Promote the course development, curriculum development, research, and staff development of CLC;
4. Promote the study of Chinese traditional culture and the organization of Chinese culture activities of CLC;
5. Oversee the offering and development of ideological and political education courses, and promote the teaching and learning effectiveness of these courses.
1. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in the related fields from a recognized university and have an excellent teaching and research record in higher education;
2. Candidates should currently hold a post of Associate Professor or above and possess academic scholarship in the field of Chinese language, culture and history, contemporary China, as well as relevant academic administrative leadership experience;
3. Excellence in Chinese writing and speaking, and nearly native language proficiency in English;
4. Preference will be given to candidates who are familiar with the higher education system in both Hong Kong and Mainland China, and have strong commitment to the promotion and implementation of liberal arts education.
Benefits and Appointment Terms
Commencing salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave, and social insurance.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract with mutual agreement.
Closing Date: Open until filled
The College reserves the right not to fill this position, or to extend the search until suitable candidates are identified or to make an appointment by invitation. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment.