UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in February 2022:
About the Programme
The Animation and Interactive Media (AIM) Programme nurtures a new generation of graduates with a global vision, professional practices, production and research skills for the robust development of the media and creative industries in the Greater China Region and overseas. Students develop theoretical and practical expertise in interactive media and animation in a student-focused educational environment equipped with modern facilities and the most up-to-date technology.
The Division of Culture and Creativity at United International College (UIC) offers the Animation and Interactive Media Programme with a comprehensive, transformative and multidisciplinary approach to the studies of culture, media, and design. United International College, situated in Zhuhai and jointly founded by Beijing Normal University and Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), is the first full-scale cooperation in higher education between the Mainland and Hong Kong.
Candidates with a Ph.D. in Animation and Interactive Media or a related discipline are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and research. Specifically, the candidates should engage in quality research relevant to the Programme and Division and with artistic, educational and industrial organizations in the Greater China Region and worldwide. Preference will be given to candidates who can undertake independent research leading to outstanding outcomes, including publications in high-quality international-refereed journals.
In addition to teaching and research, the candidate should be qualified and experienced in teaching courses in Interactive Media, 3D Modelling and Animation, Multimedia Storytelling, among other related subjects.
Administrative experience in a higher education setting is required since the candidate is expected to:
1. Be responsible to the Dean and the Board of the Division concerned for the functioning, operation, teaching, research and development of the Programme;
2. Liaise and build up close links with the Dean of the Division, staff and students of the Programme(s);
3. Act as the Chairperson of the Program Management Committee and to be expected to carry out duties approved by UIC senior management;
4. Assist the Dean with pedagogic, evaluative and supervisor responsibilities on staff assessment, teaching evaluation and leave applications etc.
Proficiency in English is required. English is the medium of instruction in the Animation and Interactive Media Programme. Academic rank will be determined in accordance with the successful candidate’s experience and research accomplishments. To receive full consideration, candidates need to submit:
1. a cover letter,
2. CV (specifying the courses taught post-secondary institutions),
3. research statement and/or portfolio of creative works,
4. three letters of reference,
5. a record of teaching quality.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
All application materials should be submitted in English.