UIC now invites candidates for this position (Part-time lecturer/assistant professor) starting in February 2022:
1. Expertise in one or two musical instruments;
2. Teaching courses as assigned by Music Performance Programme;
3. Engaging in the promotion of Musical Performance Programme, and willingness to help with recruitment of music students;
4. Performing in solo recitals, chamber ensembles and school’s orchestral groups;
5. Instructing the training and performing of the School’s orchestral groups;
6. Mentoring and advising student’s final year projects;
7. Other duties may be assigned depending on the candidate’s qualifications and programme needs.
All applicants should hold a Master and higher degree in music performance or/and extensive working experience in a related discipline. Successful candidates are expected to be committed to excellence in undergraduate teaching. Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching experience in a higher education setting. The candidates should be with
1) the ability to:
2) a commitment to:
3) evidence of success
in the organization and coordination of music performance.
1. Keyboard & Piano performance；
2. Opera & Vocal studies；
3. Orchestral Studies (Strings, Woodwinds, Brass & Percussion)；
4. Chinese traditional instruments;
5. Music Technology.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance.
1. Job application form (for teaching staff);
2. Current CV.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of one year. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
All application materials should be submitted in English and Chinese.