Division of Science and Technology at BNU-HKBU United International College is searching for exceptionally motivated research fellows to develop image processing and machine learning methods for medical imaging in projects funded by the Provincial government.
Applications are invited from candidates with experiences in machine learning, computer vision, image processing or related areas, and preferably familiar with 3D medical image analysis methods and tools (segmentation, registration, ITK). The candidate will benefit from the interdisciplinary research environment of Beijing Normal University, Hong-Kong Baptist University and public hospitals at Zhuhai.
1. Lead or participate in research projects to apply and develop advanced machine learning, computer vision and medical image computing techniques for disease diagnosis and treatments based on the image data obtained from hospitals.
2. Publish research papers, and to participate in grant proposal writing.
3. Other research related activities assigned by the Director.
1. Ph.D. (for senior fellow) or Master’s degree (for junior fellow) in Computer Science, electrical or biomedical engineering, or a related field with a research focus on machine learning, computer vision, medical image computing, and/or magnetic resonance imaging.
2. Proficiency in Matlab or high-performance programming with Python, C.
3. High quality publications are desired.
4. Evidence of the ability to independently lead a research project and to work collaboratively with others.
5. Excellent communication skills in written and verbal are required.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with the appointee's qualifications and experience will be offered. The positions are opened immediately until filled, and early applications will be given priority.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter, CV to Prof. Amy Zhang at email@example.com.