A one or two-year full-time research fellow position is available in the division of science and technology at UIC. This position relates to multiscale modelling and analysis, an interplay of analysis and computations, as well as applications in medicine, health care and biology, and intrinsic connections with machine learning and data science. Applications are invited from candidates with strong quantitative skill.
The candidate will benefit from the dynamic research environment of both Beijing Normal University and Hong-Kong Baptist University at Zhuhai. Salary is matched with the candidate’s experiences.
1. Lead or participate in research projects on the applications of data science in health care, medicine and biology and related area. The main task is to apply and develop advanced statistical and machine learning techniques to model and estimate associations and causal effects based on the electronic health records, clinical data, lab test data and treatment data obtained from hospitals and health public platforms;
2. Write manuscripts reporting research findings, originate novel, related, or follow-up research projects, and to participate in grant proposal writing to support the Institute;
3. Other research related activities assigned by the Director.
1. Ph.D. (for senior fellow) or Master’s degree (for junior fellow) in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics or a related field;
2. Experience in research project including data analysis, pattern recognition & machine learning are required;
3. Proficiency in one or more programming languages, especially Python, MATLAB or R;
4. Evidence of the ability to independently lead a research project and to work collaboratively with others (high quality publications are desired);
5. Excellent communication skills in written and verbal are required.
A competitive compensation package commensurate with the appointee's qualifications and experience will be offered.
Interested applicants please send a cover letter and CV to Dr. Ping He at firstname.lastname@example.org.